Monday, September 1, 2014

38 Weeks Down...2 Weeks Left

Well, here we are in the final stages! Another week completed and one week closer to Little Miss meeting her excited family. She certainly is dong her part to help prepare for the transition into this world. A few days ago I woke up and as I got out of bed I realized she had made herself at home in my BACK...my low-low back. I think this counts a some form of "dropping" that women refer to. And those wonderful Braxton Hicks are quite the reminder that hey, something could happen but isn't happening right now, but until then they will continue to take my breath away and keep me alert to the possibilities.

Sleep is so precious to me right now. I feel like I want to hibernate for the next two weeks. Unfortunately when I do get to partake in some form of sweet slumber, it's not always so sweet. There are those lovely three point rollovers with a bazillion pillows to readjust. And lets not even talk about the number of trips to visit the WC. I'm holding out hope that the numb fingers will regain feeling in them sometime soon after she's born too. I know all these discomforts are only temporary and working for a purpose to grow a healthy little girl. It may sound like a lot of complaining but it really is amazing all the changes that a women's body goes through to bring life into this world...and it's all worth it.

I love that there are no new stretch marks with two weeks left. I think Little Miss fits nicely into the ones from my first pregnancy. And I'm holding tight at 20/21 pound weight gain. Although that doctors office scale is still at odds with my scale at home. While doing aqua aerobics, I'm pretty sure she is doing the same. It really makes me chuckle how she moves when I'm in the water. This whole pregnancy she has been stretching her legs on my left side while sticking her back and rear out on my right. Well, just the other day she decided to switch things up. Now she's pushing those legs out on my right side.

I really am trying to enjoy the last few weeks I have with her and hoping that she is healthy when she comes into this world. I think the next few weeks are really going to fly by though because our family will be focusing on football and soccer practices and coordinating games, but whenever she decides to make her big debut we'll be ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment